Return to Me


Return to Me




Psalm 10:17-18 “LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.”
     I watch the news each night and find myself in tears at the atrocities I see. The television is littered with stories that used to be a once in a lifetime occasion. Now, they’re a dime a dozen. Or are they? Let’s just say, it’s amazing what the information age did for the media business.
     My soul aches with the stories of unimaginable horror. Death, destruction… I search for the Lord but He’s so hard to find. I catch a glimpse here and there. Hope blossoms then another story dashes it once again.
     I ask myself, “Is it too late for us? Is there any hope?”
Zechariah 1:3-4 “Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Return to Me, says the LORD of hosts,and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts. Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets preached’, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Turn now from your evil ways and your evil deedsBut they did not hear nor heed Me, says the LORD.”
     Oh, Lord, are You listening? Do You hear me calling?
Isaiah 59:1 “Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.”
     My heart rejoices because I know He’s my Savior and no matter the circumstance, He’ll nurse me through the day. His shoulder bears many tears but in the end, the Lord wipes them all away.
      Do you know my Jesus?
     In Christ,
     Renee

Comments

  1. So thankful for God's love and care during these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am too, Ann. So very thankful. He reminds me everyday that I am not alone to face my battles. In fact, He wages many of them for me... if not all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts