Let Go and Let God

In the Midst of Chaos




The last thirty days has been a bit crazy…well, in most everybody’s world. I’m not kidding or assuming! Ask around. Between politics, weather, and work, life hit hard and turned this big ball upside down.

One nutty night in November, the Presidential election flipped this nation on its ear and lit up the entire planet. People have been reeling ever since. Many are still stomping and crying. As for the impact on my life, well, I’m a conservative Christian at heart but I do live in one of the few liberal towns in Wyoming. Need I say more?

I love this little town, although it is rather cold at the moment. But that’s what winter’s like in the Rockies. Cold and snowy. Speaking of weather, have you seen what the disastrous drought conditions brought to our nation? The beautiful Smoky Mountains are all but destroyed by fire. Again, we watch and weep as the world turns upside down.

Romans 12:2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

I’m thankful for the Lord’s protection and guidance during this crazy time. I’ll admit it, I haven’t reflected Him recently. I do have a bit of a temper and don't tolerate stupidity well. But without His renewal, I wouldn’t have hope or made it through the last month. I also wouldn't have lasted a day on my two week hunting vacation! (No, I didn't bag a buck. I missed...twice...three times. Sigh. I can't lie. I love to hunt but I'm not the best marksman in the world.)

But let’s forget about the election or the blister I have from my muck boots for a moment. Without His grace, I have no doubt that work woes, two releases in two months, writer’s block, hunting failures, and holiday stress would've brought me to the brink of insanity. But Prism Book Group’s closure definitely would’ve have sent me over the edge without the Lord holding my hand.

Through it all, God showed how good He is and reminded me this world is a lot bigger than I am. A tiny prod here, a gentle shove there, and once again, I was able to let go and let God. I remembered that I’m the vessel and He is the captain. And wow, do my fingers hurt! I didn’t realized how tightly I had a grip on that wheel.

My world may have turned upside down, but I learned that life does go on. And oh, things may not be as crazy as I thought. I just realized I'd been standing on my head the whole time.


Psalm 64:10  The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and trust in Him. And all the upright in heart shall glory. 

P.S. Prism Book Group didn't "close" but joined Pelican Book Group as an imprint! As I say, God is good. All the time!


Comments

Popular Posts