Saturday, September 3, 2016

Return to Me


Says the Lord of hosts, "And I will return to you."





Psalm 10:17-18 “LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.”
     
I watch the news each night and find myself in tears at the atrocities I see. The television is littered with stories that used to be a once in a lifetime occasion. Now, they’re a dime a dozen. Or are they? Let’s just say, it’s amazing what the information age did for the media business.

My soul aches with the unimaginable horror of death, hatred, destruction. I search for any sign of my Lord but He’s so hard to find. I catch a glimpse here and there, and hope blossoms only for the next story to dash it once again.

I ask myself, “Is it too late for us? Is this the end?”

Zechariah 1:3-4 “Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Return to Me, says the LORD of hosts, and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts. Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets preached’, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Turn now from your evil ways and your evil deedsBut they did not hear nor heed Me, says the LORD.”
     
Oh, Lord, are You listening? Do You hear me calling?

Isaiah 59:1 “Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.”
     
His promises give me comfort and I take joy in my Lord Jesus. He’s my Savior and no matter the circumstance, He waits for me with open arms to nurse me through the day. His shoulder bears my tears and in the end, He wipes them all away.
     
When you search for answers, where or whom do you seek? What is your hope in? Your joy? Do you know my Jesus? If not, He's waiting...just for you.     


In Christ,

Renee

2 comments:

  1. My hope is in Jesus too. I can't imagine facing the days ahead without that hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me neither, Ann. It would be a very dark future indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!