Writing Redemption...Through Raging Waters

Writing Redemption...Through Raging Waters


Popo Agie River Overflow


I'm so excited! Through Raging Waters released this week. I love this book. No...I'm not saying that because I'm the author...although I am. LOL And I'm not saying that because I guarded it close to my chest like a newborn babe and didn't let anybody touch it. Believe me, this book's been hacked, whacked, rewritten...edited...you name it.

I started this book two years ago. I sat down in front of my white board and brainstormed about characters and the setting. I knew Paul was a control freak and Melissa had a secret in her past to deal with, but I didn't know what that meant for the story. How would the Lord work in their lives? I mean, what lesson did God want for this book?

And then I went to work one day and my life changed. I reached for a bottle and my shoulder popped. The next morning I couldn't move it. The next week I couldn't lift my arm. Two months later, I was in the doctor's office with the worst case of frozen shoulder they'd ever seen.

Through Raging Waters was written while I endured excruciating but pointless physical therapy. For two years, I penned the story. I'd return home after working long, painful hours at the pharmacy and sit at the keyboard to type, sometimes one-handed and use my left hand for other necessary functions.

But I didn't just endure pain during that time. I also experienced fear, anger, and helplessness. All of which I locked away from all around me...even those I loved the most. Why? I'd lost control. Of everything. My body wasn't my own anymore. I couldn't perform the way I wanted. I wasn't good enough for the people I loved and nobody could know it. Above all else, I was mad...at God.

I poured my entire being not just my mind into Through Raging Waters. The agony I experienced at physical therapy, the frustration at my job, the anger at the Almighty...it all rushed onto the page like the water down from the mountains.

And after my first surgery failed, I realized I couldn't do a thing on my own. Only God could help me. I needed to let go and let God. Nothing mattered more to me than His love and forgiveness at that moment. I may have been in pain but when I woke from my second surgery to that machine moving my arm above my head, it was one of the happiest days of my life. God is good.

Life isn’t easy. God never promises it will be. But He gives us the strength to face whatever comes and love conquers all—His love.


I’m so thankful! God led me through my raging waters and produced an awesome book. I hope you enjoy the story.



<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comment Below for a Chance to Win an E-copy


One winner will be selected from blog comments (leave email with comment)
by random draw on 7/17/16.
A minimum of five comments required to validate contest.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

About Through Raging Waters:



If Mother Nature has her way, Timber Springs will never be the same... 

A warm spring and early rainstorms melt the snowpack. Spring runoff compounded by the storm of the century sends Timber Springs into a tailspin. 
Tossed into the role of rescuer, local pharmacist Paul Fitzgerald must face his past before the whole world falls apart. While he fights to contain the beast around him, he finds his steadfast control slipping through his fingers. And life…everyone’s life…hangs by a thread once again. 
She isn’t a hero. Melissa Hampton has her own demons to battle. After she learns of her mysterious beginnings amidst her mother’s keepsakes, she faces more than just the river rushing outside her door. Now, she must discern friend from foe…but as waters rise and tension climbs within Timber Springs, she needs to rise to the challenge or lose the only man she's ever loved. 


Can two people find each other through raging waters? 







Purchase Links:

Smashwords: http://bit.ly/29EopXi
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/29pDuK7
All Romance Ebooks: http://bit.ly/29oQNPm



About the Author:

Raised in Louisiana and Wyoming, Renee started writing poetry in junior high school. After having her son, a desire to attend pharmacy school sent her small family to the University of Wyoming in Laramie, and she's been counting pills ever since. While writing's her first love, well, after the Lord and husband, she also likes to fish and hunt as well as pick away on her classical guitar.
Nestled in the foothills of the Wind River Mountains with her husband, crazy dogs and ornery cat, she continues to serve her community as a pharmacist while penning her Christian stories any chance she can get. She loves to interact with readers and invites you check out her website, blog, and social media.






Comments

  1. WOW!!! So thankful the 2nd surgery worked! Your story will make this book more special to read! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky! I can't tell you how thankful I was when I woke up from that second surgery! :) Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts