Character Interview with Melissa Hampton of Through Raging Waters

[Music fades into the background] Radio Host: Hello everyone, this is Stevie Hixson. Welcome back to KTMB, your Music in the Pines! Now I’d like to introduce you to one very special lady, Melissa Hampton. Welcome, Melissa, how are you this fine, but cloudy morning?

Melissa: I’m good. Busy as always. How are you, Stevie?

Stevie: Absolutely awesome—[static breaks through her headphones and she waits for it to stop before continuing]. Sorry about that. I guess there was a bit of interference. Anyway, what’s it like to work with one of the founding fathers of our town?

Melissa [rolls her eyes]: Oh, give me a break. The man isn’t a founding father. Yes, the Parker family founded Timber Springs but Benjamin Jackson Parker wasn’t a glimmer in his grandfather’s eye when he built that first lumber mill . . . no matter what he may say to the contrary.

Stevie: [laughs] Do you actually talk to your boss like this? I would love to be a fly on the wall in your office!

Melissa: I’ve known BJ since I was a child. In fact, I don’t remember a time I haven’t known him.  He treats me more like a daughter than his assistant.

Stevie: How exactly did you start working at Timberline?

Melissa: [sits back in the chair and sighs] How much time do you have left on your show?

Stevie: [snickers and points to the lights blinking on the desk phone] This is something our listeners may want to know. 

Melissa: Oh, I bet they would, especially since BJ seems to be the talk of the town. Well, let’s see. I began work at Timberline as a secretary in junior in high school. I think he gave me the job out of pity. Mom had just been diagnosed with cancer that year. She passed away a few years later and I stayed on. Now I’m his executive assistant. Things haven’t really changed that much except everyone’s a bit older. And maybe more cranky.

Stevie: [a tense silence settles on the air and the radio host clears her throat] It’s time to take our first caller. This is Stevie with KTMB, your Music in the Pines. What question do you have for our guest today?

Caller: Yes, I was wondering how such a fine woman could stand working with all those guys every single day? I mean, a bunch of lumberjacks?

Melissa: [forces a laugh] I have the company of several women at Timberline. True, the lumber mill is a male dominated environment but I’m well protected . . . uh, taken care of. [adjusts her earphones with shaky fingers]

Stevie: [covers the microphone and leans close to Melissa] Are you all right?

Melissa: [nods] Can we wrap this up? I should return to Timberline.

Stevie: Absolutely . . . thank you, Melissa Hampton, for coming in today. It’s nice to know we have someone like you at Timberline. A strong person who knows how to hold their own against Mr. BJ Par—[static broke in, terminating the broadcast]

______________________________________________________________

Find out more about Melissa—buy your copy of Through Raging Waters TODAY!






About the Book:

Through Raging Waters by Renee Blare - Romance>Clean and Wholesome eBook
If Mother Nature has her way, Timber Springs will never be the same...
A warm spring and early rainstorms melt the snowpack. Spring runoff compounded by the storm of the century sends Timber Springs into a tailspin.
Tossed into the role of rescuer, local pharmacist Paul Fitzgerald must face his past before the whole world falls apart. While he fights to contain the beast around him, he finds his steadfast control slipping through his fingers. And life…everyone’s life…hangs by a thread once again.

She isn’t a hero. Melissa Hampton has her own demons to battle. After she learns of her mysterious beginnings amidst her mother’s keepsakes, she faces more than just the river rushing outside her door. Now, she must discern friend from foe…but as waters rise and tension climbs within Timber Springs, she needs to rise to the challenge or lose the only man she's ever loved.

Can two people find each other through raging waters?

Comments

Popular Posts