Saturday, June 25, 2016

It's Cooper Time!

Relax. Kick up your feet...stay awhile.

It's Cooper Time!



I'd like to introduce you to Cooper. He's our hyper, precocious, and fun-loving Labrador. I actually have a blog dedicated to Cooper.


I haven't posted recently to the blog because we've relocated. Cooper and I were separated for most of the month of June. Don't worry though, the posts will begin again shortly.

Cooper's the epitome of the Labrador puppy. I've lost count of the things he's chewed in half. His favorite toy is a bottle...any type of bottle. And the dog absolutely LOVES water.

But we have more than one crazy young pup at our house. We also have an old grump. (No, I'm not talking about my husband although he is getting older. And his disposition...well, let's just say, he can get a bit growly from time to time. Don't tell him I said that!)

No, this grump is a fourteen-year-old cocker spaniel named Poco. Before we brought Cooper home, he rarely moved. He slept most of the day. He was overweight and hobbled everywhere he went. The dog appeared depressed and lonely. I'd say he was in a rut.

That changed the day an excited, goofball of a puppy entered our lives. Oh, don't get me wrong, Poco's still grumpy, but he acts five years younger. And looks it too. And Cooper? Well, he's obnoxious as always. He chews, nips, tackles...does all the things annoying dogs do. And Poco...he takes it - to a point just like we do.

The antics of a puppy are much like those of a child. But they are also a blessing. For without that amazing energy and love, where would we be?




Probably exactly where Poco was before Cooper came. In a rut...and all alone.

Be thankful for who and what is in your life. Even the annoyances. You may be surprised at the blessings they bring.

Pictures and video by Renee Blare

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!