3 Songs that Capture the Heart of Christmas

3 Songs

 that

Capture the Heart of Christmas



Luke 2:10-11
“Then the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David, a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”


I love everything about Christmas. I love the decorations, the gifts, the parties…but above all, I love the music. Not because I like to dance or sing, but because it reminds me what this holiday is all about.

It’s not Santa Claus, or reindeer, although I’d love to think there’s a jolly, old man in a red suit out there bringing gifts to every child in the world. And it’s not about how many gifts I manage to stuff under the tree for those I love. Or even what’s waiting for me to open on Christmas morning or how much candy may be in my stocking on the mantle (if I have a fireplace to hang one on!)

No, it’s the music I hear at church, the grocery store, or around the local department store. The same music I treasure and blesses me during this holiday season. It reminds me that although this time’s now commercialized and more of a season of chaos than blessing, it is and always will be about the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

It’s about one amazing gift which can never be matched in any shape or form…a tiny baby in a manger in a town called Bethlehem.

Right now, I’d like to share with you three of my favorite Christmas songs and why they mean so much to me. May you be as blessed by them as I am.



1. O' Holy Night:

The first is an old Christmas Carol you may recognize, O' Holy Night. You may be able to sing along with this one. This rendition’s actually performed a cappella by Home Free. I love this carol. The words bring home to me how truly amazing this day is and why I need to keep it holy.






2. Little Drummer Boy:

The second is a wonderful song of humility and praise, Little Drummer Boy by Celtic Woman. It shows that no matter the circumstances in which we find ourselves, the Lord acknowledges our offering, even if small. He knows our hearts. It’s a grateful reminder in an age of trying to get to the unreachable top of the ladder.





3. Mary, Did You Know:

My third song is a special song. Mary, Did You Know by Pentatonix is captivating, but don’t just listen to the music, listen to the words. It’s written to Mary but meant for us all. The words are powerful and pierce to the soul. They remind us who Jesus is and why He came to this earth. It wasn’t to be just a man but a deliverer. He was more than a baby, He was and is the Almighty.






Like me, I hope you have something that penetrates your soul and mind this Christmas season to remind you what it’s all about. May God bless you and keep you.


In Christ always, and Merry Christmas,


Renee Blare



Special Acknowledgments:



Comments

  1. Three of my favorite songs too and I love the groups singing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann. I really love these songs and the groups doing the renditions are awesome. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfectly lovely, Renee. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Gail. Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!
    Yes, we all need something to remind us He is the only reason for everyday. He is the very breath we breath.
    Thanks Renee

    PS love the songs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Renette!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog. Yes, He is the reason for the season and without Him we are merely dust of the earth. I'm glad you enjoyed the songs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You hit two of my all time favs- O Holy Night is the most reverent song ever- It makes me want to fall on my knees. Mary Did You Know is my fav contemporary one. And I love Celtic Women
    Thanks for the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're welcome, Julie. I think it's so easy to get caught up in what the world emphasizes about the "holidays". It's important to remember what it's all about. These songs help me do that. :) Thanks for stopping by the blog today. God bless and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts