And the Greatest of These...

Is Love...

(1 Corinthians 13:13)



Friday, November 13, 2015

Terror rained on Paris, France much like it did across this very nation on September 11. So similar...a well-coordinated and lethal series of attacks aimed at densely populated areas resulting in high loss of life.

A shocked country froze as the world watched in horror. We sat...glued to our televisions...and waited for the latest news reports, praying for the best, expecting the worst. After all, as Americans, we'd been down this road...several times before.

But then...hasn't France just a few months ago? And Israel? What about Italy, Cameroon, Iraq, Egypt, Somalia, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Turkey, the West Bank, the Philippines, oh, and the United States? The list of countries with attacks on their homeland goes on...and that's just since October!

Terrorism, whether Islamic or homegrown, is a cancer. It's not isolated to one region of the globe. It's spreading through the whole planet and it has no respect for life...of any form. The perpetrators kill and are killed, usually by their own hand, in the process of "honoring" their cause. And what may that be? War, land, power, religion...

The reasons vary from group to group. Why did Japanese pilots dive into destroyers during WWII? A sensible reason for one may be ludicrous to another. Either way, times have changed. Today's world isn't as it once was. We need to realize global terror is a reality. It's now being used, not only against military installations and in the realm of wartime strategy, but against innocent civilians...while we eat lunch.

As Christians, what can we do about it?

If we aren't in the trenches armed with a machine gun, how can we fight back? Especially when our world is ripped away with a single bullet? We may not expect the attack that may come our way, but we prepare ourselves with the Word of God. 

In 1 Corinthians, I believe the Lord shows us how to face days of terror, hopelessness, and loss. We can pick up the pieces of a shattered life. How? Walk one step at a time with hope and faith in the Almighty as our strength. Above all, by keeping His amazing love cradled close to our hearts, and moving into each brand new day with the Lord.

Believe, hold on to your hope, love...and remember, the greatest of these is LOVE

1 Corinthians 13:4-13


4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;
5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;
6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 
9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 
10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away. 
11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 
12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Stay strong, Paris. You're not alone.




Do you have a comment? Go ahead and share...I'd love to hear your input or opinion on the recent global events and how it is affecting you. (Please, no election talk!)

I'm giving away an e-copy of one of my books (winner's choice) to one commenter.




THIS GIVEAWAY IS OVER



In Christ,

Renee Blare

Sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents,_2015
eSword__Holy Bible NKJV

Comments

  1. Renee, I'm about to go to our church, First Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas, and post the Pastor's pre-message this morning. My son is military, so of course, we have an immediate vested interest. But Jesus instructs to stand firm, and occupy 'til He comes. Love isn't always warm fuzzies as those of us who are parents know full well.

    I'm about 3/4 of the way through the sequel to "Roped" and am posing the question Crissy will ponder and which will propel her through the danger to come in "Twisted"..."Did Daddy mean Susie Fairgate was just as guilty as evil ole Ed Fairgate, for not stopping him from beating Jodie Lea? He was the criminal...she just watched."

    What an appropriate question for today.

    DiAne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you expound on the relationship between I Cor. 13 and terrorist attacks? I'm not clear on how living out that chapter will guard us from evil-minded men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, DiAne, I agree, love isn't always the warm fuzzy feeling we think of when we read romance novels. It's sometimes the teeth-grinding, turn-the-other cheek kind of love when nothing we do makes a difference in a life or world that seems to ignore everything we do for it. You know, that parent love? That kind of love that says I love you and forgive you...know matter how much you screw up. And by the way, I know Someone who loves you even more...and will wipe it all away.

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, it's a matter of how we live our lives. Do we live it daily...walking in the love God gives us? If we shelter our hearts with His love, our minds on His Word, it guards our hearts and minds from the evil in this world. It may not shelter our bodies from what evil men do in this world, but it will keep us focused on God and keep us from hardening to what is going on around us. Remember what God tells us in His word, the greatest of these is LOVE. That's HIS love, not our own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is, Carlene! Thank you for that. I read it this morning after reading your comment. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so thankful for the Love of God in my life and that I don't have to walk to fear. Bad things may happen but as God's child I don't have to be afraid. We have scared and hurting people that need to hear that message. Please don't include me in the drawing and allow someone else to enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Ann. You're such an inspiration to me and those that know you. The Love of God is so powerful and amazing. I wish the world would tap into it. It truly could be changed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, everyone for your comments on the blog this week. I think it helped me to post this and talk about it. I don't know about you. I've been feeling feel rather angry and discombobulated about things. Talking about God's love helped me! I hope it helped you as well.

    Donna, you are the winner of one of my ebooks. Which one would you like? Please contact me at faithwalker007@gmail.com and let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts