Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Christian Walk: Trust and Obey

The Christian Walk: Trust and Obey


Gal 2:20  I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.


The Christian Walk
The Christian Walk


The Christian walk...a term tossed around in Bible studies, sermons, and devotional books, but what does it mean?


To look at this question, I need to go back to my early years as a Christian. Not as a churchgoer…after all, I grew up in the church. I cut my teeth on the pews, but I didn’t accept Christ until I was eighteen years old. So we’ll start there.

As a new child in Christ, what did the Christian walk mean to me? In one word…perfection.

Absolute obedience to the Word of God.

In other words, I changed everything in the blink of an eye. Well, I wasn’t a “bad” person to start with…on the outside, but I spit-shined some things for God. I cleaned up my language, made sure I prayed every day, went to church and Bible study. I did all the things I was supposed to…I walked the Christian walk.

Time moved on. I grew older, and life hit…hard. The childhood prayers didn’t work anymore. I wounded people I loved as my own strength failed. Church was for the perfect, and He seemed to slip away. I fell deep into depression, and contemplated awful things. In the pit of despair, God reminded me of His love, and that a Christian isn’t meant to walk alone.

Hope blossomed in my weary soul. Inch by inch, I climbed out of my hole and back into the world only to discover my bed of roses had turned into a blanket of thorns. One obstacle after another lay upon my path, waiting to tear me apart. His voice whispered in my ear, “Trust me, I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

My road isn’t as rocky today, although I still navigate through life’s potholes. The difference? I don’t do it alone. In fact, I don’t do it at all. God does.

Through the years, I’ve learned how to walk the Christian walk. It doesn’t mean living the perfect life. That’s impossible. It means giving my life over to the Lord, every second of every day. Trusting Him to lead me down the paths I can’t go on my own, looking to Him for guidance and strength in the midst of chaos, and obeying His commandments…in order to stay on the right road.

Trust and obey…walk in the Lord every single moment with His strength and power, not your own. That’s the Christian walk.


About Author, Renee Blare:


Renee Blare Christian Author


Raised in Louisiana and Wyoming, Renee Blare started writing poetry in junior high school and that, as they say, was that. After having her son, a desire to attend pharmacy school sent her small family to the University of Wyoming in Laramie, and she's been counting pills ever since. While writing's her first love, well, after the Lord and her husband, she also likes to fish and hunt as well as pick away on her classical guitar.

Nestled against the Black Hills with her husband, crazy old dog and ornery cat, she serves the community of northeastern Wyoming as a pharmacist and pens her Christian stories, keeping them interesting with action and intrigue, of course. She loves to interact with readers and invites you check out her website, blog, and social media which you can find here:
Website: http://www.reneeblare.com/
Group Blog: http://diamondsinfiction.blogspot.com/

Check out Renee's Books! Beast of Stratton available on Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, and various online retailers... To Soar on Eagle's Wings to be release on July 10th, available for pre-order on Amazon.

Beast of Stratton by Renee Blare

to-soar-eagles-wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!