Return to Me



Zechariah 1:3-4 “Therefore say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Return to Me, says the LORD of hosts, and I will return to you, says the LORD of hosts. Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets preached’, saying, ‘Thus says the LORD of hosts: Turn now from your evil ways and your evil deedsBut they did not hear nor heed Me, says the LORD.”

I watch the news each night and weep at the atrocities I see. The television's littered with stories that used to be a once in a lifetime occasion. Now, they’re a dime a dozen. Or are they? Let’s just say, it’s amazing what the information age did for the media business.

My soul aches with the images of unimaginable horror. Death, destruction… I search for the Lord but He’s so hard to find. I catch a glimpse here and there. Hope blossoms only to be dashed in a mere heartbeat.

Is it too late for us?

Isaiah 59:1 “Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, That it cannot save; Nor His ear heavy, That it cannot hear.”

Oh, Lord, are You listening? Do You hear me calling? We need You.

Psalm 10:17-18 “LORD, You have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear, to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed, That the man of the earth may oppress no more.”

The sun breaks through the clouds even though the rain continues to fall. Oh, the smell of the earth after a storm...that's hope.

My heart rejoices because I know He’s my Savior and no matter the circumstance, He’ll nurse me through the day. His shoulder bears many tears but in the end, the Lord wipes them all away.


photo credit: fusky via photopin cc

Comments

Popular Posts