Sunday, September 7, 2014

Streets of Gold




Malachi 3:17 “They shall be Mine,” says the LORD of hosts, “On the day that I make them My jewels.  And I will spare them as a man spares his own son who serves him.”

God’s promise… I actually get shivers each time I read this verse.
Hope, joy, and incredible peace fills my soul at all the Lord’s promises. In my finite, little mind, I see it this way…
On that special day when all come before the Father, there won’t be a simple checklist. He’s not Santa Claus, checking off who’s been naughty or nice… slipping a piece of coal to the bad while lavishing praise on the good. Somehow, I don’t think it will work that way.
But I've heard of this book. It’s a powerful one. And He’s knows every single name written in it. On that day, He’ll read and the names within those pages will be spared the Lake of Fire.[1]
The people He calls His own will shine with Him on the streets of heaven. Why? Love. God’s sacrificing love.
So, in the midst of this uncertain world with all of its mounting violence and fear, I cling to the hope of a glorious day. I know when God opens His Book of Life and reads my name, I’ll be home.
I can’t wait to walk the streets of gold.
So… you ready for God to read a book?

In Christ,

Renee



[1] Revelation 20:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!