Sunday, August 31, 2014

In the End



Faith…
A powerful concept. Think about it for a moment. Do you have a clock? What does it mean to you? Think about it… for a solid minute… think about it.
Well, what’d you come up with? Here’s a few words that came to my mind: blind, trust, love, security. Of course, I’m a Christian. For an atheist, those words would be markedly different. Or would they?
Let’s say I’m an atheist for argument sake (no, I’m not!), what would I put my faith in? How about this beautiful big blue planet? Humanity? Government? The expanding universe? Money? Or something I could control… or think I could… myself.
In the end, I’d pick the one thing in my life, easiest to manipulate. Whether it be my family, my job, my friends, my possessions… they’d bow to my will in my own mind. I’d be my own god… have my own faith… my security. Who needs God when you are one?
You see, faith’s in our DNA. God made us to believe. Everyone will place their faith in something or someone. The important part is… what are you believing in? Yourself? A false god? Or the One true God? And how will you know the difference?
The dirt of this world won’t rejuvenate your bones after they’re buried. All the money you beg, barter, and steal won’t bring you back to life after your last breath. And you can’t sneak your way into heaven. The only way to walk the streets of gold is through the Son of Man, Jesus Christ. Do you know Him?
In the end, faith in God, the Almighty and His Son, Jesus Christ will be the most powerful possession on earth. Do you own it?



Jeremiah 5:31  The prophets prophesy falsely, And the priests rule by their own power; And My people love to have it so. But what will you do in the end?



In Christ,

Renee


Photo Credit, David Niblack, Imagebase.net.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!