Saturday, July 19, 2014

Mary L. Ball Returns to the Coffee Corner

A Touch of Relaxation


Welcome back to the Corner, Mary. It’s so great to see you. Summer’s here and Texas is hot. Although, believe it or not, Waco hasn’t hit above one-hundred…yet. How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? 

Hi, Renee it's great to be on your blog again. You're such an inspiration to all. Here in NC we had an unusual cold winter- as many states did.  Spring has finally arrived and the temps are heating up, a welcomed sight for me.

I bet! I know it’s been very cold. Maybe that’s why it’s taken so long to “warm up” this year. Do you have any plans for summer? Road trips or book signings on the agenda?

The local writer's group I belong to has scheduled every month for authors to hold a signing. I'll enjoy mingling with readers and will attend as many as I can, but I have to carve out some recreational time. The summer months for hubby and me mean fishing at the lake. I do like nature and sunshine.

I remember that from your last visit on the Corner! I love to fish as well. It’s one of my favorite things to do with my husband too. I love the mountains and the water, especially the high lakes.

Speaking of the lake reminds me of Escape to Big Fork Lake, my debut novel back in 2012. It leads up to my coming soon novel.

Oh, so cool… do you think we can have a peek?

Absolutely.

Will an inheritance bring new happiness or a trap for murder?
Bad luck seems to follow Sam Blacker. She loses her job and faces daily struggles keeping her drunken neighbor away from her.
When an unexpected inheritance gives her a chance for a new beginning, Sam, a city girl at heart is hesitant. However, after a brutal attack she has no choice.
Making a decision that will forever change her life she flees to the small fishing town of Big Fork Lake, Alabama and soon finds herself in the arms of Noah Frye.  A tumultuous relationship with Noah sparks buried desires of the heart, even if he is a Christian, surely, she can get around that little problem. 
As Sam and Noah’s passion grows, trouble lurks in the shadows, waiting and watching. Inescapable, Sam’s bad luck returns when she stumbles upon a murder and becomes the only suspect. Will she have to run again, this time to stay out of prison? Worse, will she lose the best man she’s ever found? And what about the newfound hunger in heart to know God—can she truly trust in Him?    

My new release scheduled in late fall is titled Redemption in Big Fork Lake. The story visits many of the same characters in Escape to Big Fork Lake
Here is a little about the new book.

What happens when an addiction takes over?
Only after Robert Turner attempts to hurt someone does he realize how much of a hold alcohol has on his life.  
For Robert, a chance meeting with an Alcoholics Anonymous sponsor offers hope. A new devotion to the Lord and a relationship with Belle McBride gives him expectations for a better future.
His life appears to be on the right track, until he comes full circle with his past and faces the one mistake that haunts him daily. Can forgiveness-free Robert? Will he return to the life he once had?


I think you have me already. Save a copy. E-copy or paperback, I don’t care! By the way, now that I mention it, if you were to curl up with one, which do you prefer, e-books or print books?

Renee, that's a hard question. My heart will always belong to paperbacks, it used to be anytime that I went to the lake I grabbed a book, but now I find myself leaning toward eBooks, not only because I'm an author and realize the importance of digital novels, but I can tote a complete library with me.  

I have to agree with you. I love paper in my hands but when it comes to digital, I can carry so many books in one place. And I’ve moved so much (and moving again) that I’ve literally had to lighten the load, so my physical library is very thin. I have to admit I read more than I watch to television or movies. In your opinion, why do people still flock to the written word versus movies?

I can't speak for all, but for me a book is much better than the movie. Movies will leave out important bits written in the book. I remember when I first read Message in a Bottle (love the book). I was excited to see the movie, only to be let down because parts of it was deleted, that feeling of connection for me was lost.

Yep. Now, I’m not saying I don’t understand why. They can’t put everything in a book into a production, but sometimes I wonder about the decision process. Different people watch different type of movies based on trailers and such… But, if you want to search for a book on Amazon or in the library, how do you pick a “good” one out of the chaos?

The blurb is what I go by. Reviews are important, but based on individual feelings. If the description speaks to my curiosity then I'm hooked. 

How many books will we find of yours out there, Mary? Anything in the works?

Two novels are released and a contributed story for a third book. My mind is busting with imagination, besides my coming soon book, I finished another and presently working on my sixth.

You are a busy gal. I can’t wait until Redemption in Big Fork Lake hits the shelves. Thanks for coming! Stay cool and dry.

Thank you Renee, may God bless you in all you do.



***GIVEAWAY***

Mary’s giving away a digital copy (Nook or Kindle) of her book, Escape to Big Fork Lake.
The winner will also receive a special gift—winner’s choice of a handmade journal or a CD of vocal music recorded by her and her husband.

Enter the giveaway via the Rafflecopter below!






About the Book:



Bad luck seems to follow Sam Blacker. She loses her job and faces daily struggles keeping her drunken neighbor away from her.
When an unexpected inheritance gives her a chance for a new beginning, Sam, a city girl at heart is hesitant. However, after a brutal attack she has no choice.
Making a decision that will forever change her life she flees to the small fishing town of Big Fork Lake, Alabama and soon finds herself in the arms of Noah Frye.  A tumultuous relationship with Noah sparks buried desires of the heart, even if he is a Christian, surely, she can get around that little problem. 
As Sam and Noah’s passion grows, trouble lurks in the shadows, waiting and watching. Inescapable, Sam’s bad luck returns when she stumbles upon a murder and becomes the only suspect. Will she have to run again, this time to stay out of prison? Worse, will she lose the best man she’s ever found? And what about the newfound hunger in heart to know God—can she truly trust in Him?



About the Author:

Mary L. Ball is a published author of Inspirational fiction, blended with romance. Her novels include, Escape to Big Fork Lake and Stone of Destiny. She lives in North Carolina and weaves together stories to encourage people to see the wonder of love and a divine guidance. When she’s not working on her latest story, she enjoys fishing, reading, and singing with her husband at various functions.
Readers can connect with her on Facebook and Twitter.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspirational-author-Mary-L-Ball/200478210087932?ref=hl

5 comments:

  1. Glad to be back on Coffee corner, thanks for having me Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the interview, Mary. It was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed Mary's books and look forward to her new soon-to-be release.
    She's a good writer and shares the love of Christ with her readers, something
    I admire while reading suspense; how she weaves that in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview, she seems like a very nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both books sound very intriguing. I agree with having ebooks. Whatever my fancy is on any given day, I can find it on my kindle without carrying a boat load of books. Thanks you two.

      Delete

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!