Guest: A God of Authority by Kimberly Rose Johnson




Have you ever wondered why the teachers of the law in Jesus’ day didn’t like Him? We’ve been discussing that in a Bible Study I attend. We’ve tossed all kinds of ideas around, but this morning as I was reading in the book of Mark, one verse in particular hit me.

Mark 1:22 (NIV) says, The people were amazed at His teaching, because He taught them as one who had authority, not as the teachers of the law.
Matthew 7:29 says virtually the same thing.

Jesus spoke with authority. The word authority resonated in my heart and mind and I can’t shake it. What does that mean in my life? How can I apply this?

Perhaps it’s as simple as the Word of God is authoritative. What He says is real and can be trusted as truth. If like me, you already know that, let’s take it a step further. How often do we live our lives as though there is authority in scripture?

I wonder if we lived every day keeping in mind the truths in the Bible if it would change how we approach life in general. Would we forgive more easily, or would that fear still be there?

In my latest novel, A Romance Rekindled, the heroine must forgive her ex-fiancĂ© before she can move forward. A secondary character, a child, who lost her parents in a plane crash is terrified she will lose her guardian, the hero, as well. This one I can directly relate to, as my in-laws were killed in a plane crash. It took years before I stopped worrying every time my husband was more than ten minutes late coming home. Honestly I still do that sometimes, but it’s closer to twenty minutes now—I’m a work in progress.


I think we are all works in progress. But there is hope in the authoritative Word of God. His Word gives comfort, instruction, and correction and we can trust His truth because He is the ultimate authority on everything.


About the Author:


Kimberly Rose Johnson holds a degree in Behavioral Science from Northwest University. She lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, two teenage sons, and their yellow lab. She writes sweet Christian romance for Heartsong Presents and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. She enjoys taking long walks with her husband and dog, reading, dark chocolate and time with friends.
You may contact Kimberly via her website at http://kimberlyrjohnson.com/




Picture from http://www.dreamstime.com 

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts