Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hook, Line, and Sinker

Fog on New Mart Lake, TX

What a morning... I went fishing, well, kind of. I read, he fished. Fog rolled in, then receded, and rolled in again. We sat in the rain. We talked. We laughed together like the best friends we truly are. What a beautiful, wonderful morning.
Today, the Lord reminded me why I fell for this man; hook, line, and sinker.
We relaxed on the shore together for the first time this year. He tossed his lines out and we waited. A loon moseyed around the bobber on a lake of glass. It rained, it stopped, and it started again. A perfect day for fishing.
He’d laugh, I’d laugh. He talked, I listened. I grinned, he chuckled. I’d talk, he’d listen. I won’t let this man go. Even his catch agreed. The small catfish he released swam back to him. He shooed it away, as if the fish could hear him. This guy is a joy.
He protected me from the rain. When it grew cold, he offered the keys to the truck. Although his goal was to catch fish, and I wasn’t fishing, my comfort never strayed far from his mind. How do I know this? He hardly left my side.
I celebrated every catch with him, from the little lovesick catfish he released to the largemouth bass he kept (then released). Every moment, even the small spell in the pickup to warm up, was treasured.
The Lord picks such amazing times to show me what a blessing I have with my true love. Today was another reminder. Marriage’s not easy. But I can say from experience, it’s worth it, especially when you fall hook, line, and sinker for your best friend.
Thank You, Father for my best friend.

1Cor 13:4-8(NKJV) Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

In Christ,


Renee

picture by Renee Blare

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful story Renee. I certainly relate. I fish and read while sitting beside the lake, with my husband. It's those times, surrounded by God's beauty that we're reminded the Lord put us together and he knew what he was doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how He picks those little moments, isn't it? Thanks, Mary. :)

      Delete

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!