Onward and Upward

http://www.stockfreeimages.com

Philippians 3:13-14 (NKJV) “Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”

Do you swim in a pool of confusion? Have your plans fallen like a house of cards? What now?
I associate the situation to a ‘deer in the headlights.’ You know what I’m talking about, right? You’re driving down that lone highway on a pitch black night, round a corner, and bam! There they are. Two shining dots in the middle of the road above a frozen set of legs. You hit the brakes and pray the vehicle stops before it gets a new hood ornament or worse.
That’s how I feel when everything tumbles down around my ears. The ‘best laid plans’ is how I operate my life. Not intentionally, but naturally. I’m a thinker. My husband calls me the ultimate Class A personality. The Lord has to remind me on occasion that my plans aren’t always that good.
Failure is a bitter pill to swallow. It hurts. I want my efforts to matter, my ideas to succeed. Who doesn’t?
Thankfully, when I do fall short and I’m at my lowest hour, I’m not alone. God reminds me to reach for those things ahead. Open my entire life to Him and follow His plans instead of my own.
So, if you’re swimming, get out of the pool. Throw your cards away. Swallow that pill with a tall glass of iced tea, sweetened if you prefer. Press onward and upward and don’t look back.
Jesus knows the way.

In Christ,


Renee

Comments

  1. Dear Renee,
    What a sweet spirit and Christian testimony
    you are. I pray the Lord continues to use
    your outreach for His glory. Thanks for connecting again, my friend. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dee. You are wonderful person. Thanks for your loving guidance in my time of need.
    In Christ,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts