Sunday, July 14, 2013

Never Give Up

James Blare, Picture by Renee Blare

Hebrews 10:35-38 (NKJV) “Therefore do not cast away your confidence, which has great reward. For you have need of endurance, so that after you have done the will of God, you may receive the promise: For yet a little while, and He who is coming will come and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith…”

“Don’t worry, things will be better tomorrow.”
“Pray harder. You need to pray more.”
“You just need more faith.”
“Don’t be so weak. God’s your strength.”

Ever heard these?
In the midst of heartache and pain, these pearls of wisdom don’t really help me that much. I mean, really? If I wanted it to be better tomorrow, I wouldn’t have asked for advice today. Pray harder? Are you kidding me? And as for faith? I walk by faith daily, physically and spiritually. The last phrase is the most painful though. I am weak in every way and He knows it. I lean on His strength to get through each moment.
Yes, I’m in pain. So what? Yes, I work hard. So do a lot of people. But I need guidance and comfort, not platitudes. Definitely not judgment. That’s not to say if my husband noticed that my prayer life was in the toilet, he wouldn’t call me on the carpet about it. In that case, the second phrase would apply. (Now that would be a fun conversation, wouldn’t it?)
Why do I have trials and tribulation? Pain, surgery, financial problems? Why does the Lord allow me to taste my dreams only to have them turn bitter in my mouth? What’s the point to the madness? How do I survive it?
Did you happen to read the opening verse to this blog? In Hebrews 10:35, the Lord tells me how. Oh, I wish I’d known this sooner. Do you see it?
Confidence, meet the troubles of this world with confidence. And I will be rewarded for it. With Christ and his body, my fellow Christians, I find support through anything I may face. I’m not alone.
But why? Keep reading. Well?
Endurance, I need endurance. I believe it. I can’t just coast as a Christian, not anymore. I’ve tried in the past. But when I say the name Jesus Christ now, this world claws back at me. So the Lord tells me that I have to learn to endure. Not just for His sake but for my own. Serve my Lord, do His will in my life, and never give up. So I can say…

2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV) “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”

In Christ,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!