Sunday, July 21, 2013

Count It Joy!


James 1:2-4 (NKJV) “My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.”

     Have you ever had a baby or know someone who has? 
     I remember the day we found out I was going to have our son. Talk about joy! We were a young married couple striving to serve the Lord and He’d blessed us with a child. We shared our glorious news with friends and family. I can still see the smiles and frowns. Oh, not everyone was as happy as we were, you know. But the Lord lifted us high and provided a new job for my husband, and a new home in Jackson. We were on our way! 
     Then the trials began. At twenty-six weeks, my heart decided to kick into overdrive and send us into labor. The doctor stopped it but I became very familiar with the term: confinement. No sunlight, no exertion, no excessive meals. I was allowed one trip up and down the stairs per day. James took care of me in every way while he worked long hours as an electrician. He made my lunch, provided entertainment while he was gone, and maintained the house when he returned. After the work was done, his arms would offer comfort and hope to make it through another day. 
     At the end of it all, our son, Sean was born, perfect and complete, three weeks early after fifty-two hours of intensive labor. James never left my side. 
     The memories of my pregnancy will never disappear but the agony of labor has faded. Those hours of two-minute contractions are part of a wondrous story of deliverance. And the lessons I learned from the many weeks within our small apartment, watching my husband care for me? Let’s just say I paid attention. 
     Remember in James where he says to ‘count it all joy when you fall into various trials?’ When you keep reading, he tells us why. So that we may develop patience so we can lack in nothing. What does that mean? 
     Challenges, experiences, Good, bad, painful, or not. Everything in life serves a purpose. Keep your eyes open, so that you may be perfect and complete. You never know what lies ahead.

     In Christ,


     Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!