The Fork in the Road

The Grand Tetons
Picture by Renee Blare

Psalm 143:8 (NKJV) “Cause me to hear Your loving-kindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You.”


The cloud of white swirls around my feet before it rises in a brief storm and disappears into the thin air. Two paths glare at me in the bright morning sun. One climbs up the mountain, the other leads down a twisting, narrow trail. Which way, Lord?
My fingers can practically feel the icy peak and I feel giddy. My goal is almost within my reach. I take a step toward the higher path.
A sudden gust of wind whistles across the path, causing me to stumble. Confusion sweeps through my soul. Why, Lord? Why that way? It’s so long.
The wind settles into a gentle breeze and caresses my face. I raise my eyes to heaven and smile. I’ll go the winding way. His will be done.

So is the journey of life. Can you hear the voice of God at the fork in the road? Do you ask for directions?

In Christ,

Renee



Comments

  1. What's up, this weekend is pleasant for me, because this occasion i am reading this impressive educational article here at my residence.

    Here is my web blog ... reputation management

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts