Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Journey: One Step at a Time

Old Route 66 Highway by Renee Blare

The sun sets on another unproductive day. So many projects remain undone, ideas still scribbled on paper. Unaccomplished tasks grow while the list of completions dwindle. What am I doing? Why am I here? Where am I going? Lord, how do I do this?

Psalm 18:2 “The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”


I started this writing journey with an incredible sense of adventure. The words flowed with ease. Not surprising really. I love to write. I’ve only been doing it since I could put a pen to the page. I even did it on the long summer hauls from Arkansas to Wyoming when I was a child. No, writing isn’t the problem, Lord. After all, You called me a long time ago.
So, why do I feel sunk in a quagmire of sticky goo? Figuratively speaking, of course. Is there a future for a writer without a past? To publish a novel with a slim resume? Where do I go from here, Lord?


Psalm 71:14 “But I will hope continually, And will praise You yet more and more.”


One foot in front of the other, one step at a time.

So…the journey will go on. I’ll keep learning, growing, writing…until one day, that stride will meet the goal.
And in case you’re wondering:

What am I doing? Living and writing for the Lord.
Why am I here? Serving the Lord.
Where am I going? To Heaven.
How do I do this? With the Lord.

As always in Christ,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!