Friday, May 3, 2013

Reflections




Do you know the person in the looking glass?


“Mirror, mirror on the wall?”

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

I’m one of those people who avoids mirrors. Now, don’t get me wrong. I’ll take a glance for a second or two on the way by or use one to get ready for work in the morning but that’s about it. But what I see usually doesn’t impress me very much. Yes, it’s a battle, one I’ve waged for quite a while.
Well, actually, it’s resembles more of a war. Satan attacks on a regular basis. I advance then retreat, build up defenses only to have them blown apart. I hide in my little world and lick the wounds until I’m ready to fight again. All because of a pane of glass.
This human form has suffered quite a few trials through the years. The psychological impact of those challenges helped shape who I am today. They also left a few scars along the way. I’m not ashamed of those rough spots, just a little shy about them. Some hang-ups include a distaste for pictures (beware, I love to take them!), loathing for clothes-shopping, and a fear of thunderstorms.

Psalm 119:49-50 “Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.”

Although, life hasn’t been a bed of roses, so to speak, it’s changed me. From a child of naiveté to a woman of obedience, the Lord led me through the trials to triumph. Now, I’m not saying it’s been easy. It hasn’t. Pain is never fun. Insecurity and fear is a horrible way to live, even for a fraction of an instant.  But the Lord above never failed, although I struggled to find my way back to Him upon occasion.
So, if the mirror cracks and the person staring back isn’t you anymore, don’t panic. Don’t cry. Have faith, the Lord will never fail. He is always with you.

Isaiah 58:11 “The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”

In Christ,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!