Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Faith Walk

One Step at a Time



2 Corinthians 5:7 (NKJV) “For we walk by faith, not by sight.”

When I became a Christian at eighteen years old, I made a discovery. One that I use many different ways in my life. I learned how to walk by faith.
Now, I’m not talking about walking down the aisle, although I did make that trip; several times. But I’ll tell you about that another time. I found that my aisle walk, my baptism, and church retreats didn’t get me through the day.
When I was alone, face to face with my own issues, I fell short. The past came back to haunt with a vengeance. Old habits leeched in from their hidden places. Friends called and soon I wished I was back where I’d started. Despair, turmoil, guilt, and shame beat at my “holy” soul.
At this tumultuous time in my spiritual life, I buried myself in scripture. I searched for any solution. Why was I so confused? Why did I feel so alone? I prayed hard and long and found some answers.

2 Corinthians 13:5 (NKJV) “Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you are disqualified.”

Psalm 62:6-7 (NKJV) “He only is my rock and my salvation; He is my defense; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, And my refuge, is in God.”

I decided that my walk with Christ needed to be exactly that, a walk. The verses of David’s 62nd song became my own. They’re cradled close to my heart daily as I take each step of faith.
Of course, the day I try to run ahead or laze behind is usually when I find myself in trouble. Yes, it happens. A little heart-to-heart with the Lord and my nose in His Word gets my path back on the straight and narrow.
So, I’ll continue to walk with Him. Each day, by His side, or in His arms, to live and learn. One step at a time and soon, I’ll say…

2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV) “I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”

In Christ,

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!