The Seed of Faith


© Chamillewhite |
 
 
Matthew 17:20 (NKJV)  So Jesus said to them, “Because of your unbelief; for assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.”

Like a ship in the storm, I toss amidst the struggles in my life. When will the healing come? How long can I bear the pain? Will it last forever? What do I do if it doesn’t go away? Questions linger in my mind.
Pain-filled nights chase dreams away and rest becomes elusive. Fatigue’s a new friend. I greet him with a nod as I prepare for my day. A prayer lifts my spirit and the Lord gives me strength one more time.
A speck of dust catches my eye. It’s small; no larger than a grain of sand. I’m reminded of a mustard seed. Where is the verse about the mustard seed in the Bible? What did it say?
My fingers whisper across the thin pages until Matthew drifts into view. I find the verse and joy fills my soul.
Unexplainable energy surges through my body. My new friend is nowhere to be found. With a small seed of faith, my day became possible. The mountain moved.
 
In Christ,

Renee

1 Corinthians 16:13 (NKJV) Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong.
 


Comments

Popular Posts