The End of the Road


© Moonrys 


The Journey Begins:

In my own special moment, I take a step of faith and accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.

In a heartbeat, my life changes forever. The journey begins.

The peace and elation begins to fade when the questions start. Such questions as: How long have you been a member of this church? You meant “rededication,” right? How many times have you been baptized?

Fatigue seeps into my bones. I don’t doubt my decision for a second but how on earth could I miss Him? I’ve spent so many years in church. How could I not know Him? I’ve sung the hymns, said the prayers, and heard the very same sermons. I’ve walked the aisle and been baptized twice! What’s wrong with me?

After much prayer and meditation, the Lord comforts me. He reassures me that while I sat in those pews, I was empty and now I’m full. Before, I was alone but now, I have a Friend and His name is Jesus Christ.

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV) I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

The Journey Continues:

Lord, how can I do this?

The plea echoes in my head as I watch my husband of twenty-three years struggle to rise in the early morning hours. Helplessness pulls at me and I fight the tears. How can He do this to His servant? One that loves Him with all his heart?

A few hours later, I utter the words aloud while completing the exercises for my frozen shoulder. Trials and tribulations descend from everywhere.

Lord, why have you forsaken me?

Psalm 29:11 (NKJV) The LORD will give strength to His people; The LORD will bless His people with peace.

Isaiah 41:10 (NKJV) Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

Thank You for reminding me that You are my strength. I can’t continue down this road on my own but I can with You.

The Journey’s End:

So, when I stand before the Father and Son, at my journey’s end, how do I picture that day?

Brilliant, radiant light beams from the High Seat, filling the room. I shield my eyes and my knees tremble at the power in the air. I fall on my face before Father God and Jesus Christ.

A soft hand touches my shoulder and I’m gently pulled to my feet. I open my eyes to meet those of a man enveloped in an ethereal glow. A smile graces His bearded face and He’s dressed in a long, white robe.

“Welcome, My sister.”

He draws me into His embrace and guides me forward, keeping me within His circle of light. We approach the throne. I keep my eyes trained on the floor.

“My child, will you not look at your God?”

The booming voice startles me and a comforting hand settles across my back. I take a deep breath and raise my head. My breath catches at the glorious sight before me.

“Well done, my good and faithful servant. You may enter into the joy of the Lord.”

I look down to see a flowing, white robe has replaced my dusty clothes. Sandals cover my feet instead of worn shoes. A laugh echoes across the room and I glance over at Jesus who’s now several feet away. He stands next to His seat with a hand outstretched in invitation.

Revelation 3:20-21 (NKJV) Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.


Is your road one of luxury or trial? Do you know Jesus Christ personally? At the end of the road, will He be at your side as you stand before the throne? Will He be waiting for you?

In Christ,

Renee

Comments

Popular Posts