One More Day

 
 
The buzzer sounds and I reach for the alarm clock. Pain shoots down my arm. With a low moan, I struggle to turn the thing off and flop back over, cradling my arm to my side. My shoulder grinds with every movement and tears flood my eyes. Just one more day.
The physical battle through the work day leaves me weary and I arrive at home to land in my comfy chair. Spikes and tingles spread through my fingertips as my back relaxes against the soft cushion. A jackhammer feels like it’s keeping time under my shoulder blade. I close my eyes and thank the Lord for getting me through the day.
I guess the Lord has a lesson for me to learn through this whole ordeal. Modern medicine can’t magically cure this ailment. The doctors don’t know when it will go away or why it happened in the first place. All they know is that it will fix itself, maybe…in it’s own good time. Until then, I’m the one-armed pharmacist/writer.
The Lord is good. He’s my fortress. In Him, I can do all things, so this ol’ shoulder won’t beat me down. I’ll keep working, and writing. And when the tears come, I’ll let Him wipe them away.
Psalm 28:7 “The LORD is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him.”
Are you struggling? Don’t do it alone. He wants to help. Will you let Him today?
In Christ,
 Renee


Comments

Popular Posts