Thursday, January 31, 2013

Guest: Confessions of Conflict Coward

 
 

Conflict. Practically a four letter word. When it hits, I wanta run for the Smokies, to a nice secluded cabin and begin life as a hermit. I consider myself a strong person who, with God’s divine power and protection, has survived many challenges. I’ve hauled hay bales to the top of the barn loft, flung 100 pound feed sacks, roofed a porch, built a deck, dug a fish pond, laid tile, and hung ceiling grid in Honduras. I use most power tools, drill, saws, sander, power stapler, and my personal favorite, the impact driver. I can speak to hundreds of people and can corral a large group of children in sixty seconds. But when someone says, “Let’s schedule a conference,” I turn to a bowl of quivering jelly.

But, I’m in good company. Elijah headed for the hills when Jezebel threatened his life, though God’s mighty spirit rested on him. He was the vessel of many of God’s amazing miracles. And he ran. Literally.

As Elijah fled, God sent angels with food and strength to fuel a 40 day journey to Mt. Sinai. What a comfort for a conflict coward like me. When Elijah arrived, God simply asked him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” Then God showed his might before speaking in comfort and direction in a still, small voice. Wow.

Are you attempting to survive conflict? Are you torn down and exhausted with sleepless nights trying to figure it all out? There’s good news. God knows our weaknesses and He’s there to carry you through any difficult situation. Listen to the still, small voice. Listen.
 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deut. 31:6 (NIV)
 
 
Zanne Davis
 
 
 

About the Author:

 
Zanne Davis teaches 2nd and 3rd grade and writes Christian Romance in her spare time.  She’s married to a wonderful husband, has  two  incredible grown kids, and two rays of sunshine, commonly called grandbabies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!