Monday, October 22, 2012

Another Day


 
 
As I roll over and struggle to turn my alarm clock off, I rebel against the rising sun. I bury my head under the covers. The pain shoots through my body and I wonder how I can face the day.
2 Corinthians 1:7 “And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.”
          The shower pours over me and I start to feel a little more human. I lather my hair and the smell of lavender fills the air. As I stand under the spray, I close my eyes to let the heat seep into my bones.
Isaiah 58:11 “The LORD will guide you continually, And satisfy your soul in drought, And strengthen your bones; You shall be like a watered garden, And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.”
        I study my reflection in the bathroom mirror while I dry my hair. The shadows under my eyes are less prominent this morning. I slept a little better last night. My new bed is a definite plus.
        I walk into the kitchen to see my husband who’s making my lunch. In a heartbeat, I see I’m not the only one in pain. I stand at the breakfast bar like a ship lost at sea. Do I tell him how I feel? Do I ask him how he is? Oh, Lord, what do I say this morning?
Proverbs 16:24 “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.”
          I take a deep breath, “Hi, honey, thanks for making my lunch.” He smiles and I feel a weight lift from my shoulders. My husband has a wonderful smile. I really needed to see that this morning.
Gathering my stuff, I move around the bar and feel his arms enfold me in a hug. He zips my lunch bag closed and hands it to me.
“Have a good day, I love you,” he says.
Proverbs 3:3 “Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.”
        Punching the garage door opener, I climb in my car. I blink the tears away and back out, avoiding the pickup in the driveway. Yes, I still hurt but it doesn’t matter so much anymore. I remember that smile and know I can make it through another day.
 
In Christ,
Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!