The Weak Christian

 
 
 
2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
     This verse has many responses in the Christian world.
     Here’s a few:
 
     What does that mean? Strength made perfect in weakness? Boasting in what? No way, not me! I’m supposed to be strong. After all, I’m the man of the house. I’ll get through this my way.
     I don’t have time for this. Besides, the Lord will provide. Look what I do for Him.
     Poor man. He must have done something just horrible to deserve what he goes through everyday. I’m so glad I don’t have to face what he does. But doesn’t he handle it well? The Lord will bless him, I’m sure.
 
     I’m sure you can come up with more if you think about it for a few minutes.  It’s amazing. I’ve noticed that if I’m not outright defying God, I’ve caught myself throwing Him at people. I do notice one common denominator in the scenarios above though. Do you see it? I’ll give you a hint. It involves the letter “I”.
     When the almighty “I” shoves its way into the place of priority in my life, nothing can compete. Nothing.  Selfishness is a very powerful thing. It hardens and blinds me to all others’ needs, desires, and goals. Instead of a spirit of service and obedience, I’m consumed with my own wants. I can justify my actions through the Scriptures but in the end, there is One who knows the truth.
     There is one more response to the verse above. Have you heard it?
     I wake up to the alarm clock, one more sunrise, and say, “No way, Lord. Not again. I don’t have it in me to do this anymore.”  2 Corinthians 12:9 rings in my head.
     I begin to realize that being weak is not such a terrible thing. I pray and the power begins to seep into my bones. The fatigue vibrates in my toes but soon it is replaced by energy from my soul. Christ works a miracle!

     Oh, I repeat this prayer daily but God is faithful. He answers it, lifts me up, and rests His power upon me to see me through the day.
     I love the Lord with all my heart and am so thankful for all He does for me. I am not ashamed to admit that I am a weak Christian. I need the power and strength of Christ to get through each day. Praise God, He gives it to me!
     Have you ever thought that there is absolutely no way that you can do it? You wake up to the alarm clock, one more sunrise, and say, “No way, Lord. Not again. I don’t have it in me to do this anymore.”
     Well, the power is at your fingertips. It’s…
    
     Your turn.
     In Christ,
 Renee


Comments

Popular Posts