Tales of a Fledgling Writer: Critique Land
What! You have got to be kidding me? Can’t they see what I mean? You mean I have to rewrite this scene again? Sheesh!
Yes, I have entered a new world and oh, what a world it is. It’s called Critique Land.
I started this new expedition with one thing in mind and that was to learn. Learn how to edit, learn how to critique, learn how to write, you name it. Learn…learn…learn…
I start my second week soon and oh, what I have learned! Let’s see...
1. Format is important. ;)
2. Critiques are a matter of opinion. J
3. The art of critique is challenging but fun. J
4. To read other genres and critique them. J
5. To read destructive criticism and ignore it. L
6. Count it all joy (even the extra work)! PTL
Last week, I took a dive and jumped in head first. I swim and master new strokes every single day. Tomorrow, who knows?
The last few days have been very satisfying for me. I have read awesome stories, received some terrific feedback and grown as a writer. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. What about you?