On My Knees: Faith in Prayer


Psalm 17:6 “I call on you, my God, for you will answer me; turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.”
     Have you ever left a message for someone to contact you and never received a call? Have you been the guilty party that did not pick the phone up and dial back on occasion? With a heavy heart, I can say I have. By the way, that answer is to both questions.

     I’ve called friends, family, doctors, and employers at one time or another and been met with a machine, voicemail or ‘I’ll call you back in a minute.’ Instead of a returned call, my need was forgotten. It hurts.

     On the flipside of the matter, I’ve been the one to say, ‘I’ll call you back.”  Then life happened! My son tried to learn how to fly on his bike or my basement became Wyoming’s newest lake.  I forgot to call you back. I didn’t mean to forget. You’re really are my best friend, the best mom in the whole world, or a terrific boss.
     Communication skills are tough. God teaches us a cool one in prayer.

Philippians 4:6Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
     Okay. So that means, make a phone call. Does that mean He’ll answer or will I just get the machine?

Mark 11:24 “Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
     Communication with God requires faith.

     Faith? Yes, that’s right. God doesn’t just want me to throw my wants and my needs His way. He wants me to believe in His answer to those requests. So what is faith?
Hebrew 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.”

     Petitions to the Father to heal pain, mend the soul, pay the bills, touch the spirit…lifted high to the heavens. Or do they seem to hit a ceiling then crash to your feet? Unanswered.
Romans 12:12 “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”

     Do you have faith in your prayer life?


In Christ,

Renee

    

Comments

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!

Popular Posts