Tuesday, June 12, 2012

What You Do When You Are Mad......At God



Physical calamity, financial distress, emotional turmoil… You turn to the Father and are met with…nothing. A small fire ignites in the recesses of your soul. You continue to pray and silence is still your answer. The flames grow. As the many petitions fall on deaf ears, your wounded spirit begins to flounder under the battering of the inferno. You cry out in bitter rage, “God! Why have you forsaken me?”
Have you ever experienced the devastation of unanswered prayer?
Luke 11:9 (NKJV) "So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.”  
Does God hear my prayers? Does He care? Why do the answers not come? Why do the doors not open?
These questions are in my mind on a daily basis. Jesus promised that I may ask and the answers will be given and that I should seek and I will find the way and I can knock and all will be open but for some reason, it just does not seem to work so well for me. 
I am still waiting for answers, still waiting for healing, still waiting…
Matthew 21:21-22 (NKJV) “So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
All right, now I am really mad.  I pray with complete faith, knowing the Lord has the ability to diagnose and heal.  Silence is my answer.  All I want is to know what is going on, Lord!  Worry and Frustration are sore bedfellows.
Ephesians 6:18 (NKJV) “…praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints—“
Okay, that one hurt. Are you saying I have to persevere in my prayer life too? Sheesh! Just move the mountain, already! I know you can do it. I do not have the patience to do this anymore! Oops, is that Your point, God?
Matthew 6:34 (NKJV) “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”
I understand now. Worry and Frustration can find someone else to harass. Thank you, dear Jesus, You always know what to say. Please forgive me for my temper tantrum, Father. Whether the answers come today, next year or years from now, I will continue to pray, knowing You are in control.
In Christ,
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!