Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Praise: Experience the Power of God




     The echo of the pipes reverberates through the sanctuary and my body quivers with excitement. I sit in the pew and listen to the ebb and flow of the notes then catch my breath as they swell in a building crescendo. Nothing quite prepares my soul for worship like the sound of a Sunday morning pipe organ.
     You may be asking, “What in the world is so exciting about a worship service?”
     Don’t worry, I used to ask myself the same thing then I discovered something. I discovered the power of praise.
     Think for a minute about a worship service.
     After the opening prayer, what happens? Generally, a meet and greet praise song is sung! Okay, maybe that it is not what it is called in the bulletin but that is what I call it. I call it a “welcome to the service and thank you for coming” song. Either way, people welcome one another and have a chance to meet new faces in the crowd. Usually, someone has to remind people to sit down or the music starts back up to return people to their seats, especially at night.
     After the meet and greet, worship begins. Depending on the church, old time hymns or modern praise songs (one and the same), with or without the assistance of a choir, lift to the heavens and His people experience the power of God.
Psalm 68:35 (NIV) “You, God, are awesome in your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives power and strength to His people. Praise be to God!”
     Power? Strength? From singing a song? Yes!
     I am sure you have heard the phrase, “God inhabits the praises of His people.”  If any person spends time in a Christian church, eventually they will hear these words.  It is scriptural and is found in Psalm 22:3 (KJV).
"But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel."
     Open your heart and pour out your praise to the Lord. Feel the power flood your soul and strengthen your spirit. Raise your hands and lift your voice to sing, “I love you, Lord! Hallelujah, Jesus is Lord, He is King!” 
     Can you feel Him? Is He with you?
Psalm 86:12 (NKJV) “I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.”
In Christ,
Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email as well as your name if you are entering a giveaway. After all, if you win, I need to let you know!