Peace During Turmoil: Is It Possible?




Perfect health, no financial issues, obedient children, and extended families that get along… I know, I know, I can hear it now, “wishful thinking.” Think about it though. What keeps you awake at night? What makes your stomach hurt with worry? Who drives you crazy? In other words, what are the sources of stress in your life?
When I think of turmoil, my mind turns to Job.
Job 3:26 “I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil."
I believe Job is an example of perseverance. Studying this amazing man of God, I wonder, how would I find peace in the midst of such utter devastation? Is it even possible?
Think about Job for a second. His family, his health, his wealth, everything was taken from him by Satan. Instead of supporting him through his trials, his friends added to them but Job remained faithful to God. Through faith and obedience, Job met the challenge of the evil one with perseverance.
Did Job have peace? Yes, in a way. He never questioned His God. He may have doubted himself but not the Father or His will.
Isaiah 26:3 “You will keep him in perfect peace, Whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.”
The path to peace during the storms of life! Thank you, Lord.
Oh, if only I had known this sooner. I could have used it when I was wringing my hands in the waiting room during my husband’s 35th surgery or grinding my teeth through one more bill collector. It would have especially come in handy when I wanted to throw my son to the sharks last night. Ah, oh, well, better late than never.
My God is an awesome god! He never leaves or forsakes His children and always protects them, even in times of trouble. 
Psalm 37:39-40 “But the salvation of the righteous is from the LORD; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him.”
Do you have peace during the bad times? Have you talked to God today? If not, try it. You may be surprised with the result you get.

In Christ,
Renee

Comments

Popular Posts